Electrical Maintenance Technician
Brief Details of Position
Multi-skilled electrical biased Technician based on site undertaking planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and repair of mechanical / electrical building services engineering equipment along with fabric repairs and project works.To support all trades with higher-level technical skills and knowledge.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To complete scheduled PPM and reactive tasks in maintaining site assets ensuring equipment availability.
- To perform higher level technical fault finding and repairs, plus provide technical help and knowledge to the maintenance team.
- Perform operational checks and first line repairs of building technology systems including BMS, and CCTV.
- To assist with the day to day running of PPM, reactive, repair and project works in meeting completion deadlines/KPIs.
- Identify then estimate repair or project works conforming to best practice and regulations, plus complete repair/project works when delegated.
- Assist the Contract Manager with the service delivery through best practice and the effective use of site systems, equipment and resources.
- Maintain and review stock levels, spares requirement through audit and timely ordering of parts.
- Carry out risk assessments of maintenance and repair activities, and ensure sub-contractors conform to Integral working practices.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance to Integral’s Health & Safety processes.
- Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure using this information to report to the Contract Manager as required.
- Co-operate with Integral office support staff providing information as required
- Comply with Integral’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, as detailed in the site plans.
- Complete any other associated task requested by the management.
- This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- City & Guilds - Building Services Engineering or Electrical Installation/Maintenance or equivalent
- BTEC National Certificate - Building Services Engineering or Electrical Installation/Maintenance or equivalent
- 17th Edition IEE
- City & Guilds Refrigerant, Safe Handling
- ACS/Gas Safe qualifications
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent
- A demonstrable knowledge of building services engineering
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills
- Minimum 10 years practical experience within the building services engineering industry
- Customer Service
- Man-management experience
- Knowledge and use of computer software – Microsoft Office, Building Management System, Concept CMMS
Personal Aptitudes & Skills
- Smart appearance, presentable
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to encourage the willing contribution of a team whilst still maintaining control.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Self motivated
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
- Customer focused
- Willing to volunteer help
- Clean driving licence
- Resides geographically near to job site and available for call out
- Compliant to company and site personnel policies
- Compliant to company’s smoking, alcohol and drugs policy
- The incumbent will be required to adopt a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of the retail sector. This will require work at weekends and in the evenings and the salary has been set to reflect this
To be discussed at interview.