Senior Business Development Manager (Hard Services)
Brief Details of Position
Integral UK is seeking an ambitious Senior Business Development Manager with a proven sales track record who has experience of working for an FM service provider or has come from an M&E engineering background. Due to growth a fantastic opportunity has arisen within Integral UK for a Senior Business Development Manager to join our London & South East Sales Team. This role operates within the Corporate Services Environment; target clients include investment banks, Insurance & Legal Sector clients, Public Sector and Higher Education businesses and involves developing new opportunities with blue chip clients and ensuring we retain our extensive customer base.
To generate, develop and close new business opportunities that are sold at a price to deliver the customers’ requirements without compromising our quality service.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- To negotiate and successfully close sales opportunities to meet and exceed agreed sales targets within the target markets agreed by the Integral UK London & South East Business Development Director and Regional Director.
- To develop and build long-term professional customer relationships with existing, new and potential clients. Maintain excellent relationships and after sales support to build mutual confidence in line with the agreed business strategy.
- To identify and build a long term active pipeline for their team, exploring both existing markets and targeting new market opportunities.
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of all sales reporting.
- Take complete ownership of, develop and deliver exceptional sales and tender documents and presentations, in line with Company standards through working with the relevant support functions in Integral UK. Oversee tenders and relevant document preparation, using the specialist support functions (Bid Management, Procurement, HR, QHS etc) as well as local managers and the wider Integral UK Business Development team.
- Raise the company and business profile by representing Integral UK at industry events, high level networking and promoting an image of professionalism at all times. `
- Keep up-to-date with industry developments, maintaining awareness of competitor activity and market trends.
- Ensure that the Business Development team is fully aware of all activities. Attend monthly sales reviews with the Business Development Director, to ensure they are fully updated on all sales activities and potential new business opportunities. Ensure that specialist functions e.g. HR, QHS and Commercial are advised of any new potential business opportunities to ensure compliance.
- Read all tenders and PQQ documents before issue, so as to ensure the quality and commerciality of our proposals.
The Ideal Candidate will have/be:
- Good basic education
- A minimum of five years proven sales/business development experience from a relevant background
- Proven experience of generating, preparing and winning new business
- Experience of putting together exceptional quality sales documents
- Experience of successfully delivering high level presentations
- Driven by targets and comfortable in a high pressure sales environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail conscious and methodical in approach.
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of customer focus and promote a sense of team spirit within the office.
- Must be able to influence others and engender confidence in senior managers through both face-to-face, telephone and written communication.
- Self-motivated. Able to prioritise demands and make decisions under pressure. Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing support to other areas of the business on occasions, as required.
- Be self-sufficient: able to work on your own as well as in a team.
- Must be flexible to work outside core office hours from time to time, and to travel across the UK if required
To be discussed at interview.