Air Conditioning Engineer
Brief Details of Position
To operate within the maintenance team as a mobile Air Conditioning Engineer carrying out planned and reactive works.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend tool box talks
- Comply with specific Contract, work department and Company procedures at all times
- Complete a weekly timesheet and submit in accordance with Company procedures
- Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure, using this information to report to the Supervisor as required.
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials.
- Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Take ownership of the clients’ needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
- Operate Integral QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required
- Be available to attend emergency call outs and provide written incident reports as required
- Co-ordinate and manage all subcontractors activity relating to works undertaken
- To form part of the outside of normal working hours call out rota
- Produce and submit timesheets for approval to deadlines
- Ensure compliance with safe systems of work, risk assessments, method statements etc. and all relevant documentation is adhered to in accordance with company health and safety policy.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of City & Guilds qualifications or equivalent Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Experience in PPM and reactive maintenance to splits, VRVs etc
- Hold current refrigerant gas handling certificate
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills
- Minimum 2 years practical experience within Air Conditioning industry
- Commitment to providing a high quality service to our customer
- High standard of workmanship
- Proactive approach to all tasks undertaken
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Driving licence
DESIREABLE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Health and Safety experience
- Sound knowledge of computers software, Microsoft Office
- Time served apprenticeship
To be discussed at interview.