Multi Skilled Engineer
Brief Details of Position
A vacancy has arisen for a practical individual to work as a Multi Skilled Engineer mainly Electrical and Fabric based. The post-holder will also need to be self-motivating. They will be responsible for carrying out reactive works across the London contact portfolio, and will also be required to liaise and coordinate works with our approved contractors. A good understanding of Building Fabric Services, being well presented at all times and competent to provide technical advice when required to do so.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out reactive maintenance repairs across one contract consisting of 107 stores across the London and South East area
- May be required to provide additional labour for other contracts within the region from time to time .
- To update/close completed Reactive & PPM tasks on our CAFM System
- Ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximize efficient operation and reliability of plants and associated systems.
- To ensure company QA and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects.
- To ensure that both Client and Integral’s Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times.
- To inspect the condition of services and proactively deal with call outs/repairs as required and/or requested by management.
- To attend emergencies, outside of normal working hours.
- Carry out tasks within typical plant room environments and at high level, working from platforms and ladders. All access and PPE will be provided
- Keep and maintain all company issued tools in a safe and working condition.
- This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
- To carry out small plumbing works, fabric repairs and basic electric remedial repairs.
- To assess and order parts and equipment necessary for individual tasks.
- To work to recognised industry standards at all times.
- To participate in flexible working hours and out-of-hours emergency cover as required by the contract.
- To undertake training as required to perform the duties of the role, including health and safety courses and further trade development, to maintain current knowledge and professional qualifications (Continued Professional Development).
- To assist other trades as/when required.
- To undertake any other duties as directed by Managers within the remit of the role.
- Fabric works to include hanging doors, tiling flooring, painting and decorating
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Trade Background & Qualifications.
- City & Guilds – Building Services, Fabric maintenance equivalent
- City & Guilds Mechanical or Electrical Qualification
- Extensive Knowledge in building fabric services.
- Extensive Knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations.
- Ability to act on own initiative.
- Full clean driving license.
- Knowledge and use of computer software – Microsoft Office, Building Management System, CAFM System an advantage.
- Clean driving licence
- Smart appearance, presentable
- Must be available for call outs
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within a team environment. Able to contribute to teams success whilst willingly following instructions
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
- The incumbent will be required to adopt a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of the retail sector. This will require work at weekends and in the evenings. The salary has been set to reflect this.
This is a mobile role and you will be required to travel to various sites within the London and South East areas as and when required. This would suit an individual that can work using their own initiative and have a proactive approach to undertake all tasks required, a conscientious and reliable team player and someone who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful applicant will also be required to undertake and obtain an Enhanced DBS (CRB) check (at Integral's cost) during the first month of commencement of employment. You will also need to participate in an out of hours on call rota.
To be discussed at interview.