Brief Details of Position
Responsible for the effective delivery of HVAC engineering services across site for PPM and reactive tasks in a busy retail environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- To deliver agreed levels of Customer Service on a day to day basis
- Maintain and repair the control systems of the BMS controlled HVAC systems throughout the site as determined by the manufacturers recommended system as detailed by the site management
- Carry out routine checks for correct operation of all control equipment as directed by site management and Daily/Weekly Servicing Plan.
- Renovate and replace equipment as required by fault finding to maintain equipment in optimal performance condition.
- Upgrades HVAC control systems and equipment and modifying or renovating as necessary.
- Checks routinely for correct operation of all equipment in locations that include BMS control of systems.
- Monitor the operation of the HVAC control systems using the BMS to monitor performance.
- Adjust variables and provide adjustment as required to ensure systems are operating correctly within parameters.
- Monitor and record values of HVAC systems to build up a database of records to provide data for energy efficiency improvement.
- Personally accountable for ensuring all work is carried out in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Mandatory to promptly report all accidents, injuries and unsafe working conditions or practices.
- Attend Safety Meetings and Toolbox talks to increase safety awareness
- Communicate all maintenance and repair actions in writing for information to management as required.
- To resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise at any time.
- To provide advice to site management on the selection and requisition of materials for use in the maintenance and repair of equipment and to check whether the materials are fit for purpose and as specified.
- To ensure proper maintenance of materials and to advise on technology and modifications required to improve efficiency and cost savings
- To complete the necessary paperwork for the completion of work and get it authorised by the client after their inspection.
- To develop a close working relationship with the site management and client to ensure communication lines are open complete periodical reports on the progress of work for record purposes
- Provide a high level of customer service to the client and site personnel
- Essential Qualifications
- C&G 2079 Refrigerant Handling
- F-Gas Qualification/registration
- C&G 2382 (17TH Edition Wiring regs)
- IPAF 3a/3b
- C&G 2391 Test & Inspection
- Commercial gas ACS (COCN1 or equiv.)
- C&G 2377 PAT testing
- Fabric maintenance qualifications
- IPAF 1b (Spider)
- Legionella / L8 Qualification
- Trend 963 Operator’s course
- Experience and skills
- Experience of working in commercial buildings
- Experience of working at height
- Experience of applying high quality finishes to a range of surfaces and materials
- Experience working a night shift pattern
- Experience of working in a retail environment
- Experience of minor repairs e.g. plaster work / timber repairs
- Possess comprehensive technical skills along with extensive experience in commercial fault finding and rectification.
- Comprehensive knowledge of most major manufactures i.e. Daikin, Toshiba, and Mitsubishi etc.
- Good all round knowledge of Air conditioning systems, fixed electrical systems & controls.
- Good interpersonal & communicating skills, flexible approach to work/Clients’ requirements. Good organisational skills and have a positive attitude.
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within a team environment. Able to contribute to group success whilst willingly following instructions of others.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must be physically fit and able to carry tools and equipment by hand up to 20kg
- Able to ascend / descend vertical access equipment
- Able to work at height
- Must be flexible to the needs of the centre in terms of working patterns
- Must be willing to work as a team taking on non-core duties as required to assist the wider team
- Must have an eye for detail and strive towards high personal standards
- Must have the highest standards of personal Health & Safety and personal hygiene
- Must be calm under pressure and able to deal with conflicting priorities
- Must be polite and courteous especially when dealing with members of the public or retail tenants
To be discussed at interview.