Brief Details of Position
Managing the facilities of the Birmingham Dental Hospital & School of Dentistry, located at Pebble Mill Road, Birmingham. This is a building constructed under a PPP scheme and with a 25 year contract to maintain.
Main duties and responsibilities
To ensure the implementation and delivery of the contract requirements in relation to the building services planned preventative maintenance (PPM) programme and Reactive Maintenance (RM) in accordance with legislation, building operating manuals and in compliance with the contract service levels. Operation of the contract to the requirements of the agreements. P&L responsibility for the contract.
- To ensure implementation and co-ordinate the activities of specialist subcontractors into the PPM programme
- To ensure implementation of the mechanical, electrical and fabric PPM in accordance with the O&M Manuals and service levels
- First Line management responsibility for the static and mobile FM team, to ensure goals and standards are set, regularly reviewed and met.
- To attend PPP or client management meetings as required by the Divisional or Regional Managers.
- Undertake Authorised Person training in identified roles.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Whilst a formal qualification in an engineering discipline is desirable, this is not essential due to the nature of the contract. However, experience is and experience in managing complex facilities with high standards expected by clients is essential. With that experience, various qualifications could suit such as BIFM, RICS, HNDs or other in relevant disciplines would be considered.
- Health & Safety Qualification; NEBOSH, IOSH etc.
- Electrical or mechanical qualifications
- Building construction or management qualifications
- Management of multi-faceted contracts.
- Commercial business acumen
- A good awareness of building management systems and their functionality
- Competent in administration practices, quotations, report writing.
- Competence in a number of disciplines relating to Information Technology i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) software
- Previous PPP/PFI experience would be an advantage
- Flexible and confident approach to work.
- Excellent Communicator at all levels.
- Current Full UK driving licence
Essential Personal Aptitudes and Skills
To be discussed at interview.