Brief Details of Position
An opportunity has arisen for an Installation Electrician at our Birchwood branch to work within the Electrical Projects Department. The applicant must be willing to work away from home from time to time as projects dictate and also be able to work nights and weekends as needed.
The successful applicant must have City & Guilds 2360 Part 1&2 or NVQ Level 3 and IEE Regulations 17th Edition (BS 7671:2008). Candidates must have had a minimum of two years previous experience in this job role.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Must have been a registered apprentice, and had practical training in electrical installation work.
- To have obtained NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation work or to have acquired an equivalent approved.
- Must have had two years’ experience as an electrician
- Must possess particular practical, productive and electrical installation engineering knowledge
- Have adequate technical knowledge so as to be able to work on their own proficiently
- Have working knowledge and be qualified to 17th Edition of IEE Regulations BS 7671:2008 for Electrical Installation
- Able to see contracts through from fruition through to completion
- To be able to set out jobs, from drawings and specifications
- Able to requisition installation materials and take-off from drawings
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work within a team that could involve Mechanical, and Fabric works (other disciplines)
- Ability to liaise with sub-contractors
- Understanding of the CDM 2015 Regulation
- City & Guilds 2391 or 2394/2395
To be discussed at interview.