Mechanical Projects Engineer
Brief Details of Position
Due to continued business growth a vacancy has arisen for a Mechanical Projects Engineer to be responsible for Project Delivery, based in the Warrington office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Essentially, this role will be to act as the main point of contact for the project delivery element relating to the Warrington branch’s core business. You will also have responsibility for WIP/Debt and profitability of all projects delivered by the Warrington Mechanical Projects unit. You will be expected to look for areas of growth and exploit them within the region. You will also be the main point of contact for clients and for the escalation of problems related to project delivery and after care for our clients. Strict adherence to Integral policies and procedures, and the provision of continuous improvement and evaluation of internal and external procedures and processes, will also be required. You will be expected to provide support for Management, Supervisors, and Engineers within the Projects Department, offering technical support and identifying opportunities within each manager’s portfolio.
- Establish and maintain the consistent operational service level to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure technical support and infrastructure is maintained at all times for the effective operation.
- Innovative management to meet changing business or operational circumstances.
- Ensuring that Incident, Operational and Financial Management Reports are submitted in the agreed format, on a timely basis and in line with the reporting dates and Contract requirements.
- General support and advice concerning any mechanical contract issues.
- Maintaining the image and brand of Integral.
- Inform the Line Manager of all contract issues that are likely to impact internally or externally on Integral.
- Ensure full compliance of Integral timesheets procedures including vehicle tracker policy.
- Implement any change process agreed to improve operational performance.
- Ensure Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to and any new policies, procedures and change processes agreed are implemented to improve operational performance.
- Ensure Health & Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Ensure company standard operation procedures are implemented & adhered to at all times.
- Ensure company personnel procedures are followed at all times.
- Management of work in progress.
- Debt management.
- Liaise with sales & purchase ledger departments as required.
- Liaise and assist in the management of the department Profit & Loss.
- Estimate and Procure Suppliers appropriate to the project requirement.
- Ensure H&S Compliance in line with CDM regulations.
- Cost management of project delivery ensuring cash flow is maintained.
- Liaising with clients to ensure the highest standards of workmanship are maintained at all times.
- Direct operational management of Project delivery from inception to Practical completion
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 10years plus experience a contract engineer/delivery role.
- Substantial Technical knowledge of the mechanical sector appropriate skills, with electrical knowledge.
- Previous experience of delivering projects up to £500,000, managing WIP & Debt.
- Experience in Estimating/procuring project to the value of £500,000.
- NEBOSH/IOSH Qualified would be beneficial.
- Experience of managing CDM Regulation and maintaining compliance.
- Experience of managing direct labour and Sub-Contractors.
Personal Aptitude & Skills:
- Ability to clearly communicate work tasks and win the commitment of others to achieving high levels of operational performance.
- Ability to understand the key financial, labour and material variables within the project budget in order to maximise the return for Integral.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to cost effectively supervise, and manage resources available to achieve a high level of customer service.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements.
- Ability to build positive relationships with clients in order to speedily resolve day to day operational problems and identify opportunities for increasing the level of profitable business arising from these relationships.
- Good knowledge of information technology, Windows, spreadsheets, keyboard skills etc.
- Self-motivated and capable of working within a team environment.
- Ability to maintain an objective and positive focus through periods of high and sustained work pressure.
- City & Guilds or higher (HVAC/ Mechanical)
- Health & Safety awareness training, IOSH / NEBOSH preferred
To be discussed at interview.