Brief Details of Position
A vacancy has arisen for a strong Project Manager to join our Team in one of our prestigious sites in Manchester.
Brief details of position:
- To provide an interface between the Technical Services FM provider and the client for projects / development works
- To act as site client / project manager for all project works in conjunction with the landlord’s appointed agents
- To provide an interface between the centre / Arndale house / NCS and tenants (centrally and locally) for building services and fabric, particularly with a focus on life cycle management and condition development
- To maintain the site’s planned maintenance report (PMR) for both building services and fabric. Maintain the associated records archive and drawings database to maximise planning effectiveness.
- To lead the budgeting and delivery of service charge funded projects over £10,000 in value, including the maintenance of a ‘live’ projects tracker
- To maintain a positive image for the scheme and actively propose developments to improve occupier satisfaction
- Review drawings for the purpose of new shop units and refits.
- Health and safety reporting and management of the Permit System
- Dealing with contractor controls throughout the site.
- Manage contractors with respect to waste management and recycling issues.
- Co-ordinate works that interface with site life safety systems.
- Duty technical manager in the event of major incidents.
- Provide technical advice to CBRE senior management.
- Liaise with retailers about reactive maintenance and breakdowns / emergencies.
- Work with local area authorities i.e. GMP and Fire service.
- Liaise with sites insurers when major works are taking place.
- Maintain links to Manchester building control for works under CDM regulations.
- Site contact for 3rd party consultants to the site i.e. MEP and structural.
- Deal with utility / infrastructure companies i.e. ENW, Transco and Metrolink.
- Chair pre-start meetings and conduct site inductions.
- Gather quotations for small works from external sources.
- Provide MS Project planners for all project works on site.
- Collate and issue Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans for small works projects.
- Gather information as and when required for the building’s owners.
- Act as point of contact for letting agents and escort perspective new clients.
- Issue and receive keys to new incoming tenants on instruction from client.
- Act as mentor for apprentices and liaise with training providers for the same.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Electrical or Mechanical background within shopping centre / retail environment
- M&E Trade Qualification or other relevant experience
- Previous direct management experience within similar environment
- Experience of MS Office products including MS Project
- AutoCAD experience
- Strong understanding of how to build and maintain client relationships
- Strong understanding of how to build and maintain tenant/customer relationships
- An understanding of how to build and maintain supplier relationships
- Understanding of key issues to be noted on property inspections
- Understanding and use of industry/specific IT applications
- IOSH Managing Safely as a minimum NEBOSH General / Construction preferred
- We offer 25 days Annual Leave, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- A workplace pension (option to opt in / out)
- Life Insurance of 1 x basic annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Wellbeing Service).
To be discussed at interview.