Brief Details of Position
To provide a high quality front and back of house joinery / painting services to the internals and externals of the building.
To ensure the company Health & Safety policies are adhered to.
Reporting to the Site Contract Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
To deliver agreed levels of Customer Service on a day to day basis
- A flexible approach to weekly shift patterns to support the needs of the centre, to be confirmed at interview.
- To provide professional standard finishes to all joinery work and including tasks relating to paintings and coatings to a range of surfaces including timber, plaster work, block / brick, steel and other surfaces previously painted / coated.
- To work at height using step ladders, mobile tower scaffold, fixed scaffold and MEWPs as appropriate, training will be provided as required.
- To monitor stock levels and request replenishment of core products and tools / consumables for carrying out the planned and preventative works.
- To carry out risk assessments and record the jobs done internal system so that accurate records of works can be maintained.
- To complete tasks given in a timely manner and to provide advice / feedback on timescales for projects.
- To complete timesheets setting out accurate hours worked each week.
- To support the wider Integral business by assisting other engineers in their duties and acting as a team at all times.
- To advise the Contract Supervisor on the most suitable products and techniques to carry out the desired works.
- Minimum Level 2 qualification (NVQ / C & G / etc) in Joinery with experience of painting.
- Health & Safety training
- MEWP IPF 1b licence
- MEWP, IPAF 3a / 3b licence
- PASMA Tower Scaffold Certificate / Card
- IOSH Working Safely
- Experience of working in shopping centres
- Relevant experience in the joinery trade.
- Experience of working at height
- Experience of applying high quality finishes to a range of surfaces and materials
- Experience working a night shift pattern
- Experience of working in a retail environment
- Experience of minor repairs e.g. plaster work / timber repairs
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must be physically fit and able to carry tools and equipment by hand up to 20kg
- Able to ascend / descend vertical access equipment
- Able to work at height
- Must be flexible to the needs of the centre in terms of working patterns
- Must be willing to work as a team taking on non-core duties as required to assist the wider team
- Must have an eye for detail and strive towards high personal standards
- Must have the highest standards of personal Health & Safety and personal hygiene
- Must be calm under pressure and able to deal with conflicting priorities
- Must be polite and courteous especially when dealing with members of the public or retail tenants
To be discussed at interview.