Mobilisation and Transition Manager
Brief Details of Position
A full time position has arisen for a Mobilisation and Transition Manager to be based within the South West and Wales Region.
The role of Mobilisation & Transition Manager is to lead and co-ordinate all mobilisation activity to enable the Project Management team to operate in line with the contract from day one. This will include working closely with operational teams to ensure all aspects of mobilisation are covered to the required quality, legislative and compliance standards.
This role will also have a key interface with other support functions, ensuring that a collaborative approach to sharing key data is developed, and enabling smooth mobilisation of contracts in terms of systems, finance, safety and people.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring key stakeholders are fully aware of the Commercial terms and conditions of the Contract
- Providing technical solutions and support to the operational business
- Leading the mobilisation process of all new major contracts
- Developing and leading contract transition programs
- Working with the bid team in providing technical innovative solutions.
- Providing guidance and assistance with Sub-contractor procurement
- Providing support to the National Mobilisation team and regional Management team when required.
- Development of Client relationships with the operational and business development teams
- Developing and leading Mobilisation programs for new regional Clients
- Leading the Mobilisation process for National Clients where the majority of the work is based in your geographical area.
- Providing technical evaluation and training plans for site teams during mobilisation
- Providing technical support and solutions to the Operational Managers and Clients.
- Evaluation of installed systems during mobilisation and ensuring detailed site based processes and procedures are in place
- Production and evaluation of site condition surveys and plant operational recommendations
- Formalisation and implementation of innovative business critical processes
- Evaluation and review sub-contractors performance
- Procurement reviews
- Developing and managing contract transition/improvement programs
- Asset verification and life cycle reporting
- Evaluation of installed systems and design in conjunction with the mobilisation process and the operations team
- Attendance of internal and external meetings as required
- Compliance with Integral Standard Operating Procedures
- Management of programme for technical site audits
- Management of action plans to implement any improvement initiatives
- Contingency planning
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- IOSH General Certificate
- City & Guilds (HVAC Mechanical and / or Electrical) or equivalent
- Certificate/ Diploma in Building Services
- Excellent knowledge of Mechanical HVAC systems installation, design and application
- Good working knowledge of large critical sites in both maintenance and projects
- Management of staff and specialist sub-contractors
- Good understanding of Contract Law
- Good knowledge of Contract procurement
- Ability to clearly communicate work tasks and win the commitment of others to achieving high levels of operational performance
- Ability to understand the key financial, labour and material variables within the Contract budgets in order to maximise financial performance
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements
- Ability to build positive relationships with clients in order to speedily resolve day to day operational problems and identify opportunities for increasing the level of profitable business arising from these relationships
- Good knowledge of information technology,
- Self-motivated and capable of working within a team environment
- Ability to maintain an objective and positive focus through periods of high and sustained work pressure
- Commitment to providing a high quality service to clients and willing to work flexibly and as a member of a team
To be discussed at interview.