Multi Skilled Gas & Electrical Engineer
Brief Details of Position
We are currently recruiting for a Multi Skilled Electrical & Gas mobile Engineer to carry out M&E Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance in accordance with our contractual agreements.
Main Responsibilities and Duties to include:
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance as instructed by the Contract Managers. Including, but not limited to supporting our help desk with site cover, water hygiene and plant inspections; filter changes, and other duties in relation to plumbing works
- To update/close completed Reactive & PPM tasks on our CAFM System
- Ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise efficient operation and reliability of plants and associated systems.
- To ensure company QA and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects.
- To ensure that both Client and Integral’s Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Maintain accurate records for both site and reactive works
- To inspect the condition of services and proactively deal with call-outs/repairs as required and/or requested by management
- To attend site emergencies, outside of normal working hours.
- To form part of the Out of Hours rota team
- Carry out tasks within typical plant room environments and at high level,-working from platforms and ladders. All access and PPE will be provided
- Keep and maintain all company issued tools in a safe and working condition.
- To proactively work towards the continued success and support of the contract with a positive approach.
- To complete any other associated task requested by management.
- To obtain prices from supplier, prepare and submit standard quotations relating to the works being quoted.
- This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Comb analysis, gas boilers under and over 70kw, pipework, warm air, gas fires, range cookers, air heating, water CH, commercial and domestic gas qualifications
- Excellent gas knowledge complete with an industry recognised qualification
- COCN1 or CODNCO1 (Core Commercial Gas Safety)
- CDGA1 (Commercial Direct Fired Heating Appliances)
- CIGA1 (Commercial Indirect Fire Heating Appliances and Equipment)
- CORT1 (Commercial Radiant Tube Heaters)
- ICPN1 (First Fix Commercial Pipework)
- TPCP1 (Tightness Testing and Purging to IGE/UP/1)
- TPCP1A (Tightness Testing and Purging to IGE/UP/1A)
- CCN1 or COCDN1 (Core Domestic Gas Safety
- CENWAT (Domestic Central Heating/Water Heaters)
- CPA1 (Combustion Performance Analyser)
- Possess comprehensive technical skills along with extensive experience in commercial fault finding and rectification.
- Comprehensive knowledge, both domestic and commercial of most major manufactures i.e. Valliant Powermatic, Riello Broag, Combat, Ambi-Rad, Ideal, Potterton, Nu Way and Worcester etc.
- Good all round knowledge of heating systems, fixed electrical systems & controls/BMS.
- Good plumbing skills
- Strong, Electrical & Mechanical Maintenance experience
- Must have experience in a similar role
- Must be experienced in carrying out small electrical installation jobs as and when required
- Must be experienced in carrying out AC/AHU works
- Knowledge of building fabric and experience in carrying out basic fabric reactive repairs
- Sound understanding of Health & Safety obligations with regard to maintenance activities
- Must be prepared to work out of hours when required and on a scheduled callout rota
- Have good communication and organisation skills
- Must be confident at working at heights using scaffold, scissor and boom lifts
- Be able to work under pressure and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Must have a full UK driving licence
- Must be prepared to work weekends and some bank holidays, when required
- C&G 2361 Parts 1 & 2
- 17th edition certificate
- Sound knowledge of electrical fault finding and rectification
To be discussed at interview.