Multi Skilled Engineer
Brief Details of Position
A static site position for a building service engineer to be responsible for sites; undertaking planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment as well as building fabric.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance, as instructed by the Contract Manager. Including, but not limited to full mechanical and electrical planned preventative maintenance and reactive works, painting, joinery, minor building repairs, caretaking, porterage and other general duties in support of the client’s requirements.
- To close/update completed PPM tasks on the site computerised maintenance system
- Ensure standards of workmanship are maintained in order to maximise the operation, effectiveness and reliability of the building and associated systems
- To assist specialist subcontractors’ requirements both for PPM and reactive works
- To ensure Integral’s QA and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects
- Ensure both site and Integral’s, Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times
- Maintain accurate site records/documentation in association with all site works
- To inspect the condition of services and proactively deal with call-outs/repairs as required, and requested by management
- Attend site emergencies, outside of normal working hours
- Carry out tasks within typical building environments and at high level, working from platforms and ladders. All access and PPE will be provided
- Keep and maintain all Integral issued tools in a safe and serviceable manner
- To proactively work towards the continued success and support of the contract with a positive approach
- Comply with Integral’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, as detailed in the site plans
- Complete any other associated tasks requested by management
- This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- City & Guilds/NVQ – Mechanical and Electrical
- Worked or currently working in a similar environment and familiar with the following equipment:
- Air Handling Units
- 4 pipe fan coil units
- Emergency lighting
- Cooling Towers although training will be provided
- L8 requirements
- Fire Alarm Testing
- Lighting Systems
- Record keeping
- Knowledge and use of computer software – Microsoft Office, Building Management Systems
Personal Aptitudes & Skills
- Smart appearance, must be presentable at all times
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within a team environment. Able to contribute to group success whilst willingly following instructions.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Self-motivated and willing to at all times
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
- Customer focused, flexible and pro-active
To be discussed at interview.