Portable Appliance Test Engineer
Brief Details of Position
We operate on a Nationwide basis, providing Test & Inspection services to both internal and external clients, coordinated centrally from our Birmingham Office, residing in the Midlands is an essential requirement as the majority of works will be regionalized in this area. Due to the nature of the role a flexible approach to working requirements is needed, as a large amount of our work is completed out of hours. Applications are welcome from all around the UK.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To carry out the testing and inspection of portable appliances within commercial premises such as Retail, Banking, Care homes, Hospitals and other commercial properties in accordance with the "Code of Practice for in-service inspection and testing of Electrical Equipment.
- Liaising with clients on a daily basis
- Completion of paperwork
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- City and Guilds 2377
- Testing of portable appliances in commercial and industrial properties.
- Fire Alarm Testing Emergency Lighting testing
Essential Personal Aptitudes and Skills
- This is a hands-on role and would suit an individual that can work using their own initiative and have a proactive approach to undertake all tasks required, a conscientious and reliable team player and someone that has excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to plan and supervise their own workload Able to liaise with landlord’s representatives and their clients is also required.
- A full driving licence
- The ability to use and o email from a mobile phone and send results via email from a mobile phone and send results via Bluetooth.
- A flexible approach to working hours as the job involves working days and nights, early starts, working away from home and some weekend work.
- A DBS check (criminal record check) will be required at integral’s cost.
To be discussed at interview.