Brief Details of Position
Working as the Mechanical Project Engineer you will successfully deliver a number of concurrent building services projects through all stages from concept to client handover. As the Mechanical Project Engineer you will also ensure that each project is delivered on time and to budget in accordance with company standard operating procedures.
- Assist in developing the building services business with your existing relationships with end users and clients etc.
- Liaise with the design team, to ensure the drawings have been released to all stakeholders.
- Obtain quotations from suppliers; raise order requisitions; liaise with the department manager to ensure procurement is completed to programme and to budget.
- Organise and sequence delivery of equipment to site in accordance with the programme.
- Organise and implement health & safety (H&S) documentation and systems prior to commencement of the works on-site.
- Organise and oversee site works by co-ordinating the activities of colleagues and external parties to enable installation work to be carried out on-site.
- Liaise with clients, subcontractors and suppliers to ensure effective working relationships are developed and maintained throughout the project.
- Produce, review and report on project programmes in accordance with standard procedure.
- Report to the department manager on progress, risks and issues; ensuring all parties are well informed.
- Review designs; work with the design team to recommend changes.
- Liaise with the Commercial team to meet budgetary targets for labour, resources and materials.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Must have previous experience within a similar role (essential), and be able to supply references on request.
- Successful candidates will be the interface between the office, clients and subcontractors and so must have good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build rapport quickly (essential)
- Must have good negotiation skills in order to manage the requirements from multiple project participants (essential)
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to use MS Office including MS Project (essential)
- Excellent organisational and planning skills (essential)
- Must have the ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly (essential)
- Proven ability to work within budget and to deadlines (essential)
- A full driving licence (essential)
- Time served apprenticeship, with associated City & Guilds qualifications.
- Educated to HNC/HND level desirable, relevant experience will also be considered.
- Experience within educational, healthcare, student accommodation, commercial and industrial projects is essential.
- Experience of working with NEC 3 contracts.
- Experience of working to BIM level 2 and Revit.
To be discussed at interview.