Site Engineer / Caretaker
Brief Details of Position
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all planned maintenance and reactive requests are dealt with in an efficient and professional manner to meet the very high expectations of the contract.
This is a hands-on role which will involve both fault finding on mechanical and electrical equipment and resolving faults found. The role also requires an individual that can work using their own initiative with a proactive approach when tasks required.
- To deliver agreed levels of Customer Service on a day to day basis
- Carry of fabric maintenance and minor repairs / decorating etc.
- Carry of building fabric inspections within the limits of their technical expertise
- Assist technical staff in carrying out maintenance and repair activities
- Keep plant and work areas clean and tidy
- Movement of small equipment around the building as required by the Helpdesk
- Assist with gritting of areas as required together with clearing of snow and replenishment of grit bins ensuring safe access to the site.
- Escort duties to sub-contractors as required
- Carry out or assist in carrying out small projects as required
- To ensure compliance with the H&SE legislation and customer business policy
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Working to Planned Preventative and Reactive maintenance regimes
- Risk assessment and method statement trained
- Appropriate City & Guilds qualification in electrical discipline
- Experience of computer aided facility management systems (CAFM)
- Able to ascend / descend vertical access equipment
- Able to work at height
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service
- Most hold a full UK driving licence
- Must be available to join a callout rota
To be discussed at interview.