Electrical Maintenance Operative Engineer
Brief Details of Position
Electrically biased trades person based on site within a team of operatives undertaking planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment, and building fabric.
To shadow the Supervisor to gain experience of NT and what they expect him to do on a day to day basis
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance as instructed by the Contract Manager. Including, but not limited to fault finding, test, repair and preventative maintenance of electrical building services equipment; and other electrical duties in support of the rest of the team. Duties will also include carrying out various non specialist building fabric maintenance tasks.
- To close / update completed PPM tasks on the site computerised maintenance system.
- To complete works out of hours to satisfy PPM and jobs that cannot be completed during the normal working day.
- Ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operation effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated systems.
- To co-ordinate specialist subcontractors requirements both for PPM and reactive works.
- To ensure company QA and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects.
- Ensure Company & Site, Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Maintain accurate site records/documentation in association with all site works.
- To inspect the condition of services and proactively deal with call-outs/repairs as required, and requested by management
- Attend site emergencies, outside of normal working hours as required.
- Carry out tasks within typical plantroom environments and at high level, working from platforms and ladders. All access and PPE will be provided
- Keep and maintain all company issued tools in a safe and serviceable manner.
- To proactively work towards the continued success and support of the contract with a positive approach.
- Complete any other associated task requested by the management.
- This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Essential Skills and Behaviours:
- City & Guilds - Building Services Engineering or Electrical Installation/Maintenance or equivalent
- 17th Edition IEE
- A demonstrable knowledge of building services engineering
- Previous experience of working within a team
- Knowledge and use of computer software – Microsoft Office, Building Management System
- Smart appearance, presentable
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within a team environment. Able to contribute to group success whilst willingly following instructions of others.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
- Customer focused
- Willing to volunteer help
- Compliant to company and site personnel policies
- Compliant to company’s smoking, alcohol and drugs policy
- The incumbent will be required to adopt a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of the client. This will require work at weekends and in the evenings at an overtime rate payable.
- Whilst at Northern Trust to cover UKRC once a week or as required.
To be discussed at interview.