M&E and Fabric Estimator
Brief Details of Position
To produce professional and commercial proposals for specific bids in line with client requirements as highlighted in the bid documents. To manage the production and editing of specific estimating packages to deliver a robust right, first time priced bid submission.
- Provide accurate estimations with no errors for a number of bids and projects up to £1 million.
- Carry out site visits and surveys where required for M & E and Fabric.
- Estimate the cost, materials and staff required to achieve the project specification
- Suggest innovative ways of delivering more for less in the estimating of bids.
- Calculate adjustments for overheads, profit, life expectancy cycle and contingency and performance bonds.
- Estimate the completion of the project including milestones and completion rates
- Enquire the cost for materials and sub-contractor costs and evaluate the prices
- Liaising and negotiating with clients, contractors and sub-contractors, quantity surveyors and administration staff
- Organise and write / present tender proposals and supervise the submission
- Evaluate and clearly understand the details and requirements for each tender to discuss with line manager.
- Responsible for making changes to the tender document including preliminary pricings, time scales and any other changes requested.
- Handover of tender to the project team
- Be up to date with the latest estimator techniques and procedures
- Involvement in the win plan and various workshops.
- Manage and update the estimating database and library IT system.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Well organised
- Have the ability to meet deadlines and focus on priorities despite a very wide range of competing demands on time
- Tenacious and a willingness to learn and adapt to differing situations and requirements.
- Demonstrates customer focus
To be discussed at interview.