Electrical Engineer (Foot Mobile)
Brief Details of Position
A foot mobile position carrying out planned maintenance and reactive repairs on all mechanical and electrical plant to a variety of offices, in London. The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of a variety of plant types including AHU’S, FCU’S, electrical distribution, lighting systems and a reasonable knowledge of heating systems, cooling systems and plumbing. Knowledge of control systems would be a bonus.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance as instructed by the Help desk. Including, but not limited to fault finding, test, repair and preventative maintenance of electrical building services equipment; and other electrical duties in support of the rest of the team. Duties will also include carrying out various non specialist building fabric maintenance tasks.
- To close / update completed PPM tasks on the site computerised maintenance system.
- Ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operation effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated systems.
- To co-ordinate specialist subcontractors requirements both for PPM and reactive works.
- To ensure company QA and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects.
- Ensure Company & Site, Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Maintain accurate site records/documentation in association with all site works.
- To inspect the condition of services and proactively deal with call-outs/repairs as required, and requested by management
- Attend site emergencies, outside of normal working hours.
- Carry out tasks within typical plant room environments and at high level, working from platforms and ladders. All access and PPE will be provided
- Keep and maintain all company issued tools in a safe and serviceable manner.
- To proactively work towards the continued success and support of the contract with a positive approach.
- Comply with Integral’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, as detailed in the site plans.
- Complete any other associated task requested by the management.
- This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
- To take part in the standby callout rota for which extra money will be paid.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- City & Guilds 236/0 & 2330 Electrical Installation/Maintenance or equivalent
- City & Guilds 2391 (Inspection and Testing)
- 17th Edition IEE
- L8 Awareness
- City & Guilds Refrigerant, Safe Handling
- HV (AP15)
- ACS/Gas Safe qualifications
- Practical experience within the building services engineering industry
- Previous experience of working within a team
- Excellent customer service
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent training
- Knowledge and use of computer software – Microsoft Office, Building Management System, Concept CMMS
- Compliant to Integral and site’s personnel policies
- Compliant to Integral’s smoking, alcohol and drugs policy
- The incumbent will be required to adopt a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of the client
To be discussed at interview.