Brief Details of Position
Electrically/mechanical biased trades person based on site or mobile to work within a team of operatives undertaking planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment throughout the building.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance as instructed by the Contract Manager or Supervisor. Including, but not limited to, fault finding, test, repair and preventative maintenance of electrical/mechanical building services equipment and other duties in support of the rest of the team. Duties will also include carrying out various non specialist building fabric maintenance tasks.
- To close/update completed PPM tasks on the site computerised maintenance system.
- Ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operation effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated systems.
- To co-ordinate specialist subcontractors’ requirements both for PPM and reactive works.
- To ensure Company QA and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects.
- Ensure Company and site, Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Maintain accurate site records/documentation in association with all site works.
- To inspect the condition of services and proactively deal with call-outs/repairs as required and requested by management.
- Attend site emergencies, outside of normal working hours.
- Carry out tasks within typical plantroom environments and at high level, working from platforms and ladders. All access and PPE will be provided.
- Keep and maintain all Company issued tools in a safe and serviceable manner.
- To proactively work towards the continued success and support of the contract with a positive approach.
- Comply with Integral’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, as detailed in the site plans.
- Complete any other associated task requested by the management.
- This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- City & Guilds/NVQ - Building Services Engineering or Electrical or mechanical Installation/Maintenance or equivalent
- 17th Edition IEE
- City & Guilds Refrigerant, Safe Handling
- ACS/Gas Safe qualifications
- Test and Inspection ( electrical )
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent training
- A demonstrable knowledge of building services engineering
- Previous experience of working within a team
- Customer service
- Knowledge and use of computer software – Microsoft Office, Building Management System, Concept CMMS
- HVAC & Building Services Engineering experience
PERSONAL APTITUDES AND SKILLS
- Smart appearance, presentable
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within a team environment. Able to contribute to group success whilst willingly following instructions of others.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Self motivated
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
- Customer focused
- Willing to volunteer help
- Clean driving licence
- Compliant to Company and site personnel policies
- Compliant to Company’s smoking, alcohol and drugs policy
- The incumbent will be required to adopt a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of the commercial and retail sectors.
To be discussed at interview.