Brief Details of Position
To carry out planned maintenance and reactive repairs on all mechanical and electrical plant to a variety of premises, in London. The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of a variety of plant types including AHU’S, FCU’S, electrical distribution, lighting systems and a reasonable knowledge of heating systems, cooling systems and plumbing. Knowledge of control systems would be a bonus. Experience of water treatment and L8 along with testing of E/L and F/A systems and the associated record keeping.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance as instructed by the Help desk. Including, but not limited to fault finding, test, repair and preventative maintenance of electrical building services equipment; and other electrical duties in support of the rest of the team. Duties will also include carrying out various non specialist building fabric maintenance tasks.
- To close / update completed PPM tasks on the site computerised maintenance system.
- Ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operation effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated systems.
- To co-ordinate specialist subcontractors requirements both for PPM and reactive works.
- To ensure company QA and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects.
- Ensure Company & Site, Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Maintain accurate site records/documentation in association with all site works.
- To inspect the condition of services and proactively deal with call-outs/repairs as required, and requested by management
- Attend site emergencies, outside of normal working hours.
- Carry out tasks within typical plant room environments and at high level, working from platforms and ladders. All access and PPE will be provided
- Keep and maintain all company issued tools in a safe and serviceable manner.
- To proactively work towards the continued success and support of the contract with a positive approach.
- Comply with Integral’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, as detailed in the site plans.
- Complete any other associated task requested by the management.
- This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
- To take part in the standby callout rota for which extra money will be paid.
- To be willing to attend training courses to increase skill set.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- City & Guilds/NVQ - Building Services Engineering or Electrical Installation/Maintenance or equivalent
- 17th Edition IEE
- City & Guilds Refrigerant, Safe Handling
- ACS/Gas Safe qualifications
- Experience in ACB maintenance
- BMS (trend driver)
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent training
- A demonstrable knowledge of building services engineering
- Practical experience within the building services engineering industry
- Previous experience of working within a team
- Customer service
- ATS experience
- Knowledge and use of computer software – Microsoft Office, Building Management System
- HVAC & Building Services Engineering experience
- AC maintenance
Personal Aptitudes and Skills:
- Smart appearance, presentable
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within a team environment. Able to contribute to group success whilst willingly following instructions of others.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
- Customer focused
- Willing to volunteer help
- Able to take a lead role and provide Guidance for others.
- Compliant to company and site personnel policies
- Compliant to company’s smoking, alcohol and drugs policy
To be discussed at interview.