Brief Details of Position
A static position on a one-man site, carrying out planned maintenance and reactive repairs on all mechanical and electrical plant, managing subcontractors and client expectations.
- Carry out planned maintenance on all mechanical and electrical plant in accordance with maintenance specifications and schedule.
- Respond, fix and report on all plant breakdowns within agreed timescales.
- Maintain and keep site logbooks up-to-date.
- Maintain site stock.
- Manage and issue permits to all subcontractors.
- Ensure adherence to both Integral & client Health & Safety procedures at all times.
- Keep and maintain all company issued tools in a safe and serviceable manner.
- Complete any other associated task requested by management.
- This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
It is essential to demonstrate a good working knowledge of general and emergency lighting, power distribution, water treatment and hygiene, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, including but not limited to:
- boilers, air handling units, fan coil units, split systems including heat pumps and chillers, motors including variable speed drives, direct online and star-delta starters, actuators and valves, plumbing, pressurisation units, hot water generators and building management systems. Basic computer skills essential.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with particular attention to detail;- ability to clearly and accurately provide written report on jobs as required and to complete timesheets as well as any other paperwork neatly.
- A proactive approach to undertake all tasks required.
- A commitment to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- A calm manner, self-motivated and ability to work under pressure.
- Logical thinking in fault finding situations.
- Clean driving licence
- Resides geographically near to job site and available for call out
- Compliant to company and site personnel policies
- Compliant to company’s smoking, alcohol and drugs policy
- The incumbent will be required to adopt a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of the retail sector. This will require work at weekends and in the evenings and the salary has been set to reflect this.
- Building fabric experience will be a bonus.
- Compliance to Integral’s personnel policies.
- Compliance to company’s smoking, alcohol and drugs policy.
- The incumbent will be required to adopt a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of our client.
- 23 days excluding Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays
- Overtime Rates other than planned site cover: During the week and Saturday = Time and half for first 4 hours and then double Time. Sundays and bank holidays = double Time
- Sick pay: None during the first year
- Cash float available – reclaim via an expenses process
To be discussed at interview.