Maintenance Engineer – Temp to Perm
Brief Details of Position
Multi-skilled Technician based on site, within a 1 man team plus mobile support, undertaking planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and repair of mechanical / electrical building services engineering equipment.
To support all trades with higher-level technical skills and knowledge plus providing support to the Contract Manager.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To complete scheduled PPM and reactive tasks in maintaining site assets ensuring equipment availability.
- To perform higher level technical fault finding and repairs, plus provide technical help and knowledge to the maintenance team.
- To assist with the day to day running of all Mechanical, Electrical PPM, reactive, repair and project works in organising the maintenance team and sub-contractors in meeting completion deadlines/KPIs.
- Identify then estimate repair or project works conforming to best practice and regulations, plus complete repair/project works when delegated.
- Assist the Contract Manager with the service delivery through best practice and the effective use of site systems, equipment and resources.
- Help plan and co-ordinate sub-contractor activity relating to works undertaken on site.
- Maintain and review stock levels, spares requirement through audit and timely ordering of parts.
- Carry out risk assessments of maintenance and repair activities, and ensure sub-contractors conform to Integral working practices.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance to Integral’s Health & Safety processes.
- Assist in the preparation of emergency contingency plans, site audits or in support of the client or third parties.
- Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure using this information to report to the Contract Manager as required.
- Co-operate with Integral office support staff providing information as required.
- Plan and co-ordinate, liaise with the clients representative on all aspects of the operation of the site.
- Comply with Integral’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, as detailed in the site plans.
- Complete any other associated task requested by the management.
- This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- City & Guilds - Building Services Engineering or Electrical Installation/Maintenance or equivalent
- BTEC National Certificate - Building Services Engineering or Electrical Installation/Maintenance or equivalent
- 17th Edition IEE
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent
- A demonstrable knowledge of building services engineering
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills
- Practical experience within the building services engineering industry
- Customer Service
- Man-management experience
- Knowledge and use of computer software – Microsoft Office, Building Management System, Trend, Concept CMMS, (CAFM System).
PERSONAL APTITUDES AND SKILLS
- Smart appearance, presentable
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to encourage the willing contribution of a team whilst still maintaining control.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
- Customer focused
- Willing to volunteer help
- Clean driving licence
- Resides geographically near to job site and available for call out
- Compliant to company and site personnel policies
- Compliant to company’s smoking, alcohol and drugs policy
- The incumbent will be required to adopt a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of the retail sector. This may require work at weekends and in the evenings.
To be discussed at interview.